Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Officially My Best Year

Turns out there was some magic left after all! We went into the weekend needing to Q both days in Standard, which was not probable considering our recent track record in that class. In spite of that, we conquered two very tricky courses (with a first place yesterday and a fifth place today) to earn our ADCh! I am so grateful to Buster for his support, my friends and various teammates along the way, Jerri Carter for rescuing border collies, and especially Kelly Rossi for surprising me by getting it on film without me even asking. AND she cheered the loudest! :)

Thank you also to the nice photographer who was set up to do portraits but was willing to take our picture anyway and then just emailed it to me for nothing. Kevin Cartwright is super swell, be sure to check him out at future trials!

(Xander looks tortured, as usual, to have his picture taken ;)


Perry certainly holds magic for me, as that was the place where Kaylee earned her first MACH when she Double Q'd four days in a row back in 2005. This is so special to me because Xander is my first border collie, this was my first ADCh, and he is just the sweetest, goofiest, loving-est dog ever. I am so proud of my big mush and so happy I adopted that loud-mouthed, snuggly puppy four years ago. Thanks for the ride buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment