Thursday, March 29, 2012

Life Goes On

While I have not gotten an official rejection in regards to the job prospect, the rumor mill says that our organization has changed the scope of the job and are therefore looking for people with the ability to program and do other such IT related things. Less teaching, more computer nerding. Sadly, I am not the correct type of nerd, so I am not holding my breath anymore. It is rather dissapointing, mostly because I was a horrible ball of nerves for two weeks and had heart palpatations every time the phone rang. However, it was a good learning experience, and it has made me realize some of the perks of my current position.

For example, although I have difficulty tolerating the person and place I work for, I get to go home after exactly 8hrs every day, which means I get to enjoy time with my dogs and Buster at the beautiful park five minutes from our house. I don't have to be away for weeks at a time for training, and can train my own dogs. Weekends can be spent hanging out with friends, doing agility, or planning for a wedding.

Speaking of that, my fabulous cousin Jane with the help of her fabulous sisters threw us an amazing wedding shower that was one of the nicest and most awesome things anyone has ever done for me. The people who came were SO generous in their gifts that we are able to afford a real honeymoon. In Cozumel!!!! Hard to believe we will be getting married and flying to paradise in less than six weeks! I have never been out of the country before, other than crossing the border from NY to Canada briefly....

Things are beginning to fall into place on the wedding planning, so it is another perk that I am able to focus on that instead of the job that wasn't.

The universe throws curve balls sometimes, but it forced me to reassess my situation, realize I was being selfish/immature, and that I should be patient and appreciate what I do have. Things will work themselves out.

2 comments:

  1. Love you. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Even the hard stuff;) I admire your attitude! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love YOU! I am so happy for you in your new job, and always admire your attitude. If anyone has suffered in a miserable job, it was you. So glad you are out of there!! :)

      Delete