Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time Keeps on Tickin

In a little over two weeks I will be married and heading to Cozumel for a six night stay at the Palace Resort. Pretty awesome.

In the meantime, life has been pretty steady. Making plans and slowly getting things taken care of. Buster and I bought our wedding bands a few weeks ago, and went downtown to get our marriage license. Both activities were much easier than I had expected. We have the food and the location and many of the minor logistics figured out, and things just keep getting checked off the list. I am feeling very good about it all.

I am still in the same job, resigned for the moment to a life of underachievement while I look forward to time away. Still no official word on the final open position I had applied for, but it's fairly safe to say that's not going to happen. Given the timing though, if something were to come through, I would rather it be after the honeymoon anyway. Stranger things have happened.

Buster and I have taken up disc golf, as we have a lovely course at the park down the street where we walk the dogs. After a week of chaos at his job, Buster finally enjoyed a normal evening of throwing the discs last night. He works SO hard, and cares SO much, and is still amazed when his bosses praise him for being fabulous. I just shake my head and wonder how he doesn't see it for himself.

We continue to love our townhouse, and have a backyard full of plants and grass and a garage now equipped with an inexpensive but highly fun ping-pong table. The barbeque gets regular use, and I still love every morning to open the backdoor and let dogs out to potty without having to walk them.

After devouring the "Hunger Games" trilogy, I have found an insatiable appetite for reading on my phone's Kindle (which is awesome). I just finished another reccomendation from a friend after a couple of days, and am moving on to the next one. I am also looking forward to reading another Stephen King "Dark Tower" book that is perfectly timed to be released so I can take it with me on our honeymoon.

On the agility front, Xander and I are heading to Vero Beach on Saturday evening to crash with my good friend Terri and to attend Sunday's USDAA trial. We are pairing with Terri's little red rocket Vette, as well as running in jumpers, standard and Grand Prix. We haven't competed since mid March, and I'm not sure when we will get to compete again, so this should be a fun little mini weekend before the big event.

Counting down the days until I become Mrs. Bonnie Pruett!

No comments:

Post a Comment