Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Excitement is Distracting

Here it is, only Wednesday, and I am already excited, nervous, and anxious for this weekend. I better tone it down a bit, or I may be over it by the time Saturday arrives. But I doubt it.

We will be heading to Palmetto for one of my favorite venues near Bradenton/Sarasota. The trial site itself is very nice; large, open, covered, with a good surface and plenty of room for crates and spectators. It's also right next door to Bradenton which happens to be the first place I ever lived after graduating highschool and leaving home. I attended one year of college at Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota before deciding it wasn't for me, but that's an entirely different story. At any rate, I always enjoy a trip down memory lane when I am in the area for a show, and it has been a couple of years since I've made the trip that way.

The plan, due to the annoyance of work obligations, is to leave Friday afternoon and make the long drive down south. We probably won't arrive until close to 10pm, and won't be settled into bed until after 11pm. That makes for an early morning when your first run starts around 7:30 and the hotel is about 30mins from the trial site. I am not complaining though, because the hotel is free with my La Quinta points! Our friends Chris and Carol will also be arriving late and staying at the same hotel, so at least we can commiserate. They however are not entered in FAST, so at least will get to wake up a bit before the day gets started. I suppose I enjoy running before I have too much time to psych myself out anyway.

I didn't do an excellent job at following my own advice last weekend. I only truly smiled and enjoyed our runs on Sunday, and did a miserable job at keeping perspective on Saturday. I blame not sleeping well on Friday night. Regardless, I am determined to enjoy myself, my dogs, and our runs, good or bad, and the experience as a whole. Having Buster with me this time will also help. He always makes things more fun, and less stressful. What would I do without him?!

Finally, huge congratulations going out to the newly announced World Team members! Among them, with no surprise on anyone's part except for maybe Tori's, are Florida's own Tori and Rev!! So excited for them and the experience they have to look forward to in France. Helps put my little local weekend into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment